are in no rush to resolve John Terry's future, Antonio Conte said after
Sunday's 4-1 FA Cup win over Peterborough.
With Terry sent off in his first game for the Blues for just over two months
in the comfortable victory, Conte admitted they may appeal the red card, but
the Italian boss also discussed the future of his veteran defender, made
skipper for the cup clash.
Reports in December suggested the 36-year-old Terry had been told he would
not be offered another playing contract when his current deal expires in the
summer, and the club said at the time that discussions would take place
towards the end of the season.
Asked about Terry's future on Sunday evening, Conte said: "This type of
decision is important to make with the club and not alone. I am pleased for
John because he as shown me great commitment when I ask him to play and when
he doesn't play.
"He is helping me a lot in the changing room and he has shown me he is a
good player and above all, a good man.
"Now it is important to continue in this way because now we have the second
half of the season, and with the FA Cup, we will have a lot of commitments.
Then we will see."
Terry has been at Chelsea since joining as a trainee in 1997, but has only
featured in five Premier League games under the new boss this season.
Despite easing into the fourth round of the FA Cup on Sunday, Terry's red
card tempered Conte's day slightly, getting his marching orders for a foul
on Posh striker Lee Angol in the 66th minute with the score at 3-0.
On the decision, Conte added: "I think it wasn't right, because he didn't
take the opponent and also because behind John, there was [Branislav]
Ivanovic to cover him.
"It is a pity when this happens because to take a red card is not good. I
think you have to respect the decision but in this case, maybe, we will make
an appeal because the situation is very clear and I think John didn't